[Gramps-devel] Gramps 5.0 maintenance branch created
Nick Hall
2017-05-24 19:02:56 UTC
Of the issues on the "5.0.0-alpha2" roadmap, one has a pending
pull request waiting for somebody to test and commit it, another
is from a user who several developers think has a corrupted DB
and who has not responded for eleven months (so I think it could
be closed), and all the rest are DB-API ones which you said you
https://gramps-project.org/bugs/roadmap_page.php?version_id=87
Yes.

Bugs #9541, #9710, #9741 and #10038 are assigned to me.

Bug #2092 is assigned to Tim Lyons.

Bug #8429 is assigned to Paul Culley.

Of the remaining bugs, I think that #9540 has already been fixed. We
can probably remove bugs #9506, #9516, #9539 and #9542 from the roadmap,
although I will post separately about this.

That leaves #9434, #9503 and #9510. Any volunteers?

Hopefully we can clear the list and get alpha2 out by the end of May.

Nick.
Paul Franklin
2017-05-24 22:55:46 UTC
Post by Nick Hall
That leaves #9434, #9503 and #9510. Any volunteers?
I couldn't reproduce any of those three so marked all as "closed".
Great idea! Thanks!!
Paul Franklin
2017-05-31 20:47:09 UTC
Any news?
Tim Lyons
2017-05-31 22:15:33 UTC
Post by Nick Hall
Of the issues on the "5.0.0-alpha2" roadmap, one has a pending
pull request waiting for somebody to test and commit it, another
is from a user who several developers think has a corrupted DB
and who has not responded for eleven months (so I think it could
be closed), and all the rest are DB-API ones which you said you
https://gramps-project.org/bugs/roadmap_page.php?version_id=87
Yes.
Bugs #9541, #9710, #9741 and #10038 are assigned to me.
Bug #2092 is assigned to Tim Lyons.
Bug #8429 is assigned to Paul Culley.
Of the remaining bugs, I think that #9540 has already been fixed. We
can probably remove bugs #9506, #9516, #9539 and #9542 from the roadmap,
although I will post separately about this.
That leaves #9434, #9503 and #9510. Any volunteers?
Hopefully we can clear the list and get alpha2 out by the end of May.
Sorry, but I am not going to complete bug #2092:
in the near future. (I had made some changes, which fixed some of the
problems). It is still a bug, and I would like to fix it. Note that it also
may need changes to some add-ons (unless they can all be fixed by common
routines that are inherited by add-ons).

However, I don't think it is essential to 5.0.0, and I suggest it should be
removed form the roadmap - it was just there as I had hoped to fix it before
that release.

If anyone is desperate to fix it, they could change the "Assigned To".

Tim.

Nick Hall
2017-05-31 22:43:55 UTC
Post by Tim Lyons
However, I don't think it is essential to 5.0.0, and I suggest it should be
removed form the roadmap - it was just there as I had hoped to fix it before
that release.
Thanks for the update.

I agree. I'll remove it from the roadmap.

Nick.