[Gramps-devel] 5.0.0-alpha3
Paul Franklin
2017-07-25 08:07:31 UTC
Since it's been over six weeks since 5.0.0-alpha2 was released,
and since I think one of the purposes of alpha releases is to get
them out into the hands of potential testers somewhat often, does
anybody know of any reason why I shouldn't start working on doing
"my end" of it? Anybody working on a bug fix for instance?

I say "my end" since the wiki page is said to be inaccurate:

http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=What_to_do_for_a_release

and nobody who understands what it should say (not me)
has apparently had the time to update it.

So as before, if I start doing an alpha3 release then again
somebody else will have to finish making the release.

Plus of course this means the help I got last time, to
move and make things on the bug tracker, as well as
to make the Debian, Mac, and Windows packages.

Any comments?
John Ralls

Paul Franklin
2017-07-25 17:52:28 UTC
Post by John Ralls
I will not be able to do a Mac bundle until the end of next month.
Then we'll have to depend on our Windows and linux users to
test things -- and hope there are no Mac-specific bugs. 8-)
Nick Hall
2017-07-25 18:39:24 UTC
Post by Paul Franklin
Anybody working on a bug fix for instance?
Yes. I'm working on a couple of changes.

Perhaps we can release 4.2.6 first and then 5.0-alpha3 next week?

Nick.
Paul Culley